Wednesday, June 4, 2008

AIR Glacier #1:

Playing with my 'buds' at Enota Mt. Retreat & Campground in N. Ga., at the beginning of this adventure...........(I'm the middle one.)



I am the Artist In Residence (AIR) for Glacier National Park this summer of 2008 and as such, I am writing this blog for my students and anyone else who might find this adventure of interest.

I won the position mainly because I am a middle school music teacher and performer here in Ga., but I also am a writer, a musician and a graphic artist. I will use all of these skills to create skits, tunes, poems, puppet shows and lessons plans that will be a resource for the Glacier Interpretive Rangers when they give presentations to visiting elementary classes and need something to 'kick it up,' as they are describing the natural wonders of Glacier to the kids. We all remember factoids better when we learn a song about them and that's where I come in. I may also be doing a little singing and strumming at the Lake McDonald Lodge, so if you are going to Glacier this summer, stop by and check it out.



Oh, by the way, my husband and I are camping our way out and back in our camper van. That in itself ought to be a 'whole 'nother adventure.' Stay tuned.......

No comments: