Monday, June 30, 2008

Odds 'n' Ends


The interior of the McDonald Lodge, which is very close to our cabin and I get my messages there from the park staff and new friends. It's the most intimate lodge in Glacier. Later, when Wi Fi is running a tad faster (this took 13 minutes to download), I will post a photo of the biggest and most rustically opulent lodge. I think Mike might already have it on his gallery page, so check that out. I have written 6 tunes for the park, so far and will perform one tomorrow night at the campfire amphitheater in Apgar, a tiny village on the west side of Glacier, about 10 miles from our cabin. The plan is to make a DVD of me performing all these songs and putting it in a teacher packet for incoming field trips in the future. This is to accent Glacier's new policy of "No Child Left Inside." We have two weeks in which to do this.....stay tuned......By the way, I'm learning tons and the people here are most helpful and friendly. Did I mention that everyone has a story? Lots of unique folks here. Guess that includes me!




Several of you have asked how the dogs are doing. Here is a photo of Buddy & Tilley squaring off. As we stated before, we are not sure of her intentions, so Mike usually picks him up when she trots up and follow us on our walkies. They are keeping a low profile and spending most of their time in their crate, but they get many walks every day. Due to bears and protective does, no dogs are allowed on trails, but we walk them four times a day to the Lodge and back, where I check my messages. They seem fine and it beats kenneling them for two months! The skeeters, now, well, that's a whole 'nother story! Since it's gotten hot (upper 80's low 90's, no kidding) the skeeters have exploded on to the scene. Never a problem out on the kayaks, though.


No comments: