Tuesday, July 29, 2008

an Offering from the Glacier Song Book....

Forest Fire Rap
Wildfire Rap
By Deb Gerace, 2008

I flame, I scorch, I smolder and smoke.
I can make you hot and I can make you choke.
Because of the above I often get a bad name,
But the real truth is, new growth is my game.

When I’m full of myself, and the forest’s on fire,
My thick, smoky clouds build higher and higher.
I look pretty fierce with my sparks blowing ‘round,
Driving out the critters as I race across the ground.

But I can be a sneak as well, just see if I can’t
By creeping through the bushes like an army of ants,
Gobbling up the underbrush and licking up the bark
Of cedars and pines and leaving my mark.

But after I’m finished, just take a second look
And lo and behold, Mother Nature starts to cook
By letting all the tougher trees start greening way up high
Even though they looked like they were starting to die!

(Continued online at Glacier's educational website)

4 comments:

Nakana said...

Well done. Tons of detail. I'd like to hear it some day.

robin peterson said...

Great job Deb, sounds like you had as much fun as I did at Glacier and the park surely picked a winner in you for this years program! Thanks for sharing your blog.
robin (ex-GlacierAIR)

Unknown said...

Deb, This is great! I love it! I want to hear you do it too! - Terry

Tsogen said...

Hi i just stumbled onto your blog.keep up the good work.I love reading as well.:)